Relationships and your identity
We want you to have good, positive, and secure relationships with those people who are important to you. Remember to access any of these offers please speak to your Young Person’s Advisor (YP) at any time:
- You can have a Young Persons Advisor ( YPA) up until your 25.
- Your YPA can help in maintaining, or getting, contact with your family if safe for you to do so
- You will receive a birthday card from the Director of Children’s Services on your 18 and 21 birthdays. You will receive a £25 birthday gift every year on your birthdays between 18 and 21.
- You will receive support to access important documents before your 18th birthday such as your passport, provisional driving license and birth certificate.
- Your YPA can put you in touch with a “Grand Mentor” - a who can give you advice and support in lots of areas of your life.
- You can also have support from our Children in Care Mentors.
- At 17 you can access group conferencing to help you reconnect with important people in your life
- You will have access to advice and guidance to secure British Citizenship before the age of 18 if you are required to apply
- You will receive Religious Festival Allowance when you are under the age of 18 if you are not living in foster or residential care – this is up to £50 per year. This payment is to be given during the festival period chosen by you such as Ramadan, Hanukkah or Christmas.
You can visit the REACH Café drop in centre every Thursday, 1pm – 6pm to meet with your peers, YPA’s and a variety of support services to help and support you whatever you need.